Call for Abstracts
The Israel Society for Biotechnology Engineering invites all those involved in the field of biotechnology, from the academy and from the industry, to submit abstracts for presentation at this first Society’s conference.
Abstract Submission Deadlines:
Oral Presentations: September 25, 2011
Poster Presentations: extended until October 10, 2011
Abstract Submission Information
- Abstracts must be submitted in English using the online Abstract Submission Form link (on the bottom of this page)
- Abstracts may be submitted for:
Oral presentation (20 minutes)
Poster presentation and a 5 minute short talk
- Notifications on the status (accepted/rejected/oral/poster) of submitted abstracts will be sent to the presenting author by October 25, 2011
- Registration of the presenting author is mandatory. In order to ensure inclusion in the program and conference publications, the presenting author must register by November 6, 2011, the early registration deadline.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts which will be distributed at the conference.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Before you start the abstract submission process, please read and prepare all necessary information detailed below.
The on-line Abstract Submission Form includes the following parts:
- Part 1: Contact details of the presenting author (use full first name and last name)
- Part 2: Authors
- The name of the presenting author will automatically appear as the first author.
- Insert only the names of the additional authors in the order that they should appear in the abstract.
You can change the order of the presenting author, if needed.
- Use full first name and last name of all authors.
- Part 3: Affiliation/s (Institution/s)
- Insert institution details and mark the box of each author associated with that institution. Fields include: Affiliation (Institution), Department, City (State, if applicable) and Country.
- Make a separate entry for each institution. Do not repeat identical institution details if they apply to more than one author.
- Text should be in Upper and Lower Case.
- Do not abbreviate Department, Institute, University, etc.
- In the department field, also include the words “Department of….” If relevant, as only the words you insert will show on the abstract.
- Part 4a: Presentation type select from:
Oral presentation, Poster and Short Talk or Poster presentation
Invited lecture – should be selected by invited speakers only
- Part 4b: Topic – please select from below the topic which best describes your presentation.
- Medical Biotechnology
- Functional Materials
- Pharmaceuticals and Bioprocessing
- Environment and Energy
- Regenerative Medicine
- Part 5a: Abstract Title – limited to 25 words. Use CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Part 5b: Abstract body (including references) – should not exceed 300 words.
- Copy & paste your abstract into the abstract area or type it in directly.
- Images, tables, etc., must be in black&white only and uploaded as JPG, GIF or PNG.
- Most important: Proofread your abstract and insert/format special characters which were not saved in the copy & paste process. You should then click “Submit”.
- Submission Acknowledgement – After you click Submit”, a system “End Message” will indicate that the abstract was successfully submitted.
You will then be able to “Preview” your abstract and use the update link, to revise it, if needed. In that case, click SUBMIT again.
- E-mail Acknowledgement & Abstract Number: Shortly after submitting your abstract, you will receive by e-mail an automatic detailed submission acknowledgement with your abstract number and a link to access your abstract (should you need to revise it after submission).
- System Information
The abstract submission system is designed to run on many internet browsers, but we recommend that you
use the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer (v.8.0), Google Chrome 5, or Firefox (v3.6 or better).
The system DOES NOT SUPPORT THE SAFARI browser.
|On-line Abstract Submission Form - Click here|